Yes I know, Monday’s are horrible, you get up after the weekend is over needing more rest than you did when Friday came around…..
But the fact is that life still goes on, we get up in the morning, get ready for work, make breakfast, do packed lunches, take kids to school, drive to work in icky traffic, work all day and then back to the kids and time to cook dinner!
As tired as I am, I still find a lot of joy and relaxation whilst making dinner. Its my alone time in the kitchen and the results of what comes out makes everyone happy! What is there not to like about that right?
Tonight I made one of my hubby’s favorite proteins paired with one of my favorite veggies.
Poached salmon with herbs, butter and garlic served on a bed of mashed cauliflower.
FOR THE SALMON…
- Get a pan and fill half way with water and place in oven AT 385 DEG F
- Place your salmon on some aluminum foil, enough foil to make it into a tight package.
- Season salmon to taste, I seasoned it with salt, pepper, freshly crushed garlic, butter, lemon juice and thyme
- Seal package tightly and place in pan with water
- Cook for 20 minutes, then open package to vent and cook for an extra 10 minutes.
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER…
- Boil cauliflower in water seasoned with salt and garlic powder
- Once its soft, drain water and place in food processor
- Add a tsp of butter, handful of cilantro or parsley, clove of garlic, salt and pepper and blend away till nicely mushed!
And voila, in 30 minutes you have a delicious nutritional meal, make the family happy and have plenty of time to tackle the evening chores!!!!!