Once again I got back home later than usual to a ravenously hungry teenage child!
One thing that always saves me big time is having semi prepared meals in hand so that I can have a full dinner at the table within 30 minutes of walking into the house. Big thanks to my mum and dad for bringing me up with those habits!
Tonights simple dinner consisted of:
- Oven baked breaded Chicken
- Garlic, Parmesan Oregano Biscuits
- Annatto & Cilantro Rice
A friend who doesn’t particularly like cooking said that there is no way that the above is a simple quick dinner and I managed to prove her wrong by:
- Having the chicken cutlets ready breaded in the fridge (had prepared them a few weeks ago and kept them in the freezer and just took them out this morning). Placed them in a 350 deg oven for 20 minutes together with…..
- I had a can of Pillsbury Biscuits in the fridge which I placed on a baking sheet, sprinkled some garlic powder, oregano and parmesan cheese on them and placed them in the oven at the same time as the chicken for 20 minutes.
- Put the rice on (drizzle of coconut oil, 2 cups of rice, 3 cups of water, salt and seasoning) as soon as I walked in through the door. (the seasoning consisted of a package of Badia Sazon Tropical.
Like magic, all 3 items were ready at the same time and exactly 30 minutes after I walked in, dinner was on the table!
I love putting attention to detail on how I plate dinner and my kids get a kick out of it and know not to touch the plate till “Mama takes her picture”!
Dinner has been served……:-)
PS: Someone who’s name I won’t mention is also getting a packed lunch out of this!