Of course I had to make some sweet treats for tonight, not only is it Sunday Night, but it’s a “Walking Dead” is back Sunday Night!
I had some leftover egg whites from yesterday’s Hollandaise sauce so I decided to make some Almond flavored Meringues!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
Whip up the egg whites till they form peaks, add the sugar, cornstarch, almond extract and vinegar and whip some more.
Place on parchment paper and bake in the over at 275 deg F for 30 minutes.
I also had some bananas that needed rescuing so they quickly became Banana Breads.
And for the finale, I made some Dulce de Leche Cheesecake……oh yeah, heavenly or what!
Ingredients for my cheesecake were:
For the crust
- 2 cups of graham cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup of Dulce de Leche or other caramel sauce
- Boiling water, for baking
For the topping
- 1 cup of Dulce De Leche spread on top of the cheesecake as soon as you take it out of the oven.