Salmon and Tuna are our favorite fish, especially when eaten in Sushi or Sashimi form.
Tonight after a quick dash to my local Asian Market – New York Mart – to get some Seasoned Rice Vinegar, I set on the task of preparing our favorite family dinner!
I have a mad passion for Japan, Japanese food and Japanese Culture, and after my loving husband took me on a fantastic trip to Japan, that passion became an obsession <3
- I rinsed and cooked my rice (no science there, just follow the instructions on the Sushi Rice container) but remember, its a delicate grain so handle it with the right tools
- I sliced my salmon and tuna
- Sliced the cream cheese – below’s picture shows my son preparing his own roll, Tuna, Cream Cheese and lots of Sriracha Mayo
- Pulled out a leftover tasty Cucumber salad (cucumber, sesame seeds, sesame oil, seasoned rice vinegar, salt and pepper)
- Seaweed sheets
- Sriracha Mayo
- Leftover seaweed salad
We made 4 different types of rolls:
- Tuna, Cream Cheese and Sriracha Mayo
- Salmon, Cucumber Salad and Cream Cheese
- Tuna Marinated in Lemon and Cilantro
- Salmon, Cream Cheese and Sriracha Mayo
Served with some crunchy Salmon Skin and Seaweed Salad it was the perfect meal with my loving family…..<3
Of course the meal wouldn’t be complete without a bottle of Sake right?