I recently saw a recipe on Facebook for what they called Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes. Tonight I decided to test my own version on the kids!
- 1 chicken breast, chopped into small pieces, sautéed with a drizzle of olive oil and a touch of salt and pepper
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 6 baby new potatoes boiled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 box of puff pastry defrosted
I used my muffin pan, sprayed it with some pam, stretched out the puff pastry a bit more to make it a bit thinner. I cut 6 large round circles and lined each holder with it.
In a bowl, mix the chopped chicken, chopped potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, chopped chives and cayenne pepper.
I filled each holder to the top with the mixture and then cut some cute little hearts out of the left over pastry which I placed on top of each one.
Bake in a 400 Deg F oven for 25 minutes.
I am pleased to report that they turned out pretty darn good, kids polished them all off 🙂
Cheers to a successful dinner…. <3