I had seen a couple of recipes for crustless pizza and most of them were with cauliflower! Nothing wrong with cauliflower but when I found one with a chicken crust, I had to give it a go and of course give it my personal twist, so here it goes.
This particular recipe serves 2 for a lean and green kinda meal…..
For the Crust
- 1/2 lb of lean ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp of garlic/parsley seasoning or seasoning of choice
Preheat oven to 425 deg and while that is happening, mix the above ingredients in a bowl and then spread and press down evenly into a pre-greased springform round pan.
Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until nice and golden. Remove and put on the side, keep oven on.
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced or diced green peppers
- 1 & 1/2 vine ripen tomatoes sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped or sliced onion
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup of spinach
- You can use any veggies you in on hand, aprox 3 cups total
- 1/4 cup of low fat mozzarella cheese
Layer your toppings, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and place in the oven for another 10-12 minutes.
I topped it off with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and a few dabs of hot sauce for a nice spicy kick.
1 helping = half a pizza
Will keep on experimenting for a crispier crust but it was pretty good 🙂 for a first attempt!