Here is a simple and quick recipe to make a single serving of a Zucchini lasagna! Not only is is easy but it’s also healthy so it’s a win win 🙂
- 4 oz of lean ground turkey (you can use lean ground meat, chicken or pork)
- 1/4 lb of sliced zucchini (lengthwise)
- 6 thin slices of tomato
- 1/4 cup of basil finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (if you do not like spicy food leave this out)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz of low fat cream cheese
- Dusting of grated parmesan cheese
Slice the zucchini lengthwise (about 6 slices), sprinkle with a bit of salt and set aside. Using a mandolin will ensure you have slices the same size and not too thick!
In a pan, add your ground turkey, rest of the salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and cook for a few minutes, add the cream cheese and set aside. Now it’s time to put this baby together!
I used my banana bread baking dish, but you can use anything you have on hand that is not too large so it keeps its shape.
With a paper towel, pat your zucchini dry and start by placing 3 zucchini slices at the bottom, followed by 3 slices of tomato, 1/2 of the chopped basil, now add half of your meat mixture and repeat the process.
Finish it off by sprinkling the mozzarella and a light dusting of parmesan cheese.
Place in a preheated oven at 425 deg F for 20-25 minutes or until nice and golden.
Remove from the pan and place on your favourite dinner plate. Now it’s time to dig in, enjoy!